Cherry Pie, was my dad's favorite dessert. He grew up on a farm, and grandma had a cherry orchard out back. Her homemade cherry pies were the best in the county, maybe even state. My dad always loved cherry pie with vanilla ice-cream.
One of my favorite things to do on the weekend, is to bake something easy, and simple. Here is my favorite recipe.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 bunch fresh basil leaves, sliced1 bunch green onions, peeled and diced1 (6 ounce) package crumbled feta 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced, red onion
Toss in olive oil, salt & pepper.
What you need to create a Masterpiece
2 c. blueberries
2 c. raspberries
1 c. blackberries
50 vanilla cookies
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/3 c. unsalted melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine crushed cookies with butter, and sugar to form a crust. Pour crust into a 9" spring pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
3. In a mixing bowl cream vanilla and cream cheese. After the crust is cooled pour the creamed mixture over the crust. Top with berries and chill in the refrigerator 4 hours. Serve.
Perfect Pizza Dough
(2 ) 2 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 pkg. instant yeast
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 - 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
dried basil leaves
2 T. olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
1. Combine 1 c. of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add garlic powder and dried basil if desired.
2. Add olive oil to warm water and stir.
3. Gradually ad another cup of flour stirring until the dough is starting to become cohesive.
4. Drizzle a separate bowl with olive oil.
5. Lightly dust your hands with flour and transfer the dough into the bowl. Let it rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
6. Once the dough has risen use your hands to gently deflate the dough knead it 3-5 minutes until smooth.
7. Transfer the dough to parchment paper. Place dough on pizza pan shape of your choice. Roll out the pizza dough, and poke wholes in it with a fork.
8. Add sauce and desired toppings. bake in the oven 13-15 minutes until the crust is slightly golden.
9. Remove the pizza with a potholder from the oven and place on a solid counter. Slice and serve.